Menu
jjdh11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo 6 box channels at 480p SDTV

Hello,

I was helping my grandparents set up their new 4K tv and getting confused as to why the picture looked awful. I made sure the TiVo 6 box was set to 4K but it didn’t help. The normal channels are 480p and the HD channels are 720p at best. I’m sure you can imagine a 480p image stretched across a large screen looks quite bad. The tv is working fine, I’ve tested it on YouTube. Any ideas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo 6 box channels at 480p SDTV

You can change the video output settings via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output.

Other than that, is there any specific channel(s) you're having problems with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jjdh11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

The TiVo 6 box is set to output 4K however all the non-hd channels look awful and the hd channels don’t look good. There are no specific channels just all of them. Also, I’m not sure if it’s just the UI but the menu is quite pixelated and blocky.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you post a photo of what you mean by the menu being pixellated, and poor PQ?

I'm wondering if you've got a dodgy HDMI cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos