Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo 1TB keeps dying, need a replacement but can't get through on phone

My box keeps turning itself off and restarting, makes rather suspect noises, and last night I had the green screen serious error message. 

I have done all the turning off and on again and running diagnostic tests but I've had this box for eight years and suspect I need a new one sent out (I'm assuming I can just plug it back in to everything else?).

So is there a way of getting the attention of a Virgin Media representative via this forum please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo 1TB keeps dying, need a replacement but can't get through on phone

Hi FD_

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo box 
Is this still happening if so, I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You'll lose all your recordings on your original box when changing if you have them. I don't think you lose the series links and upcoming recordings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@unisoft wrote:

You'll lose all your recordings on your original box when changing if you have them. I don't think you lose the series links and upcoming recordings.

Correct on the recordings, although with all terrestrial channels now havign 30day HD CatchUp, it's potentially less of an issue if you make a note of what you've got.

Any manual recordings you have will be lost, but series links can be transferred across. The facility is currently broken, but I'd imagine that's a short-term fault that will be fixed shortly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have also had an issue with my 2nd Tivo Box , it just flashes from a white light to a red light at the front, and the wifi and some other logo keep flashing, I've tried all the switch on / switch off techniques, downloaded the app and done the diagnostic test with someone on chat line and still not working.

I've tried ringing Virgin countless times through 150 (as yes i'm with virgin mobile too) but cannot get to talk to anyone, seems to me the only way they will ring me is to cancel my monthly direct debit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi NC86,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you you are having problems with your Tivo box, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do the noises that it's making sound like?

0 Kudos