Menu
AL1B
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVO box not transmitting

Following a local thunderstorm my TV does not recognise my TiVO box. My other V6 box works fine. The TV connected to the TiVO box works fine. I've checked all the cables and used another HDMI cable and port bit no sucees. Is there any chance of a replacement box please. Without service for 2 days @virginmedia Thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO box not transmitting

Hi AL1B,

Thanks for posting on the forums - I am sorry to hear that your Tivo has become faulty following the thunderstorm.

Are any lights showing on the Tivo at all and have you been able to get anything sorted since posting?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
AL1B
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lights are on the box and it makes a humming noise but not sending signal. I'm attempting to phone Virgin today

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know.

I just had another look at your account and can see that a replacement box has now been sent out to you.

It'd be great to hear back from you once you receive the new Tivo box to let us know how things are.

Let me know if you need anything else from us.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
AL1B
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Will do. Yes I managed to get through on the phone and a new box was ordered. Thanks

0 Kudos
AL1B
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I am missing the coax adapter cable as the coax input on the V6 box is different to the one on the previous TiVO box. I did borrow the one from my existing box. Went through the self installation but got snagged when the channels loaded. Error S102. I looked that up on virginmedia/help/tivo and if said to get in contact. So I need to make another call unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
AL1B
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone service has been terrible last 2 days in B45 and the fault checker page was down on the virginmedia pages. Managed to get through today and after a 45 minute call I'm not sure I got through to the gentleman that I just needed a coax adapter cable as per page 10 of the, self installation guide. It ended with him saying I would get a call tomorrow to get an engineer slot so I've no idea what was going on when the call was either silent or I could hear the other call agents in the background. Hoping I get a call tomorrow as been without a TV service I pay for fir over a week. Obviously very underwelmed by the service level ive had.

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The phone number to get the box activated is 0800 953 9500, follow the options to get Virgin to send the activation signal to the box.

0 Kudos