Menu
s00snb
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVO box not connecting to network.

No tv guide working. Wells me ethernet cable disconnected, but no cable as distance between box and hub too far so on wifi.

Reading other posts think I need a new box. How do I arrange this without having to stay on a phone call for over an hour

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO box not connecting to network.

Hi as you have posted on the tivo section I'm guessing you don't have a V6 box, if so the tivo doesn't require a connection with a hub as it has its own built in Internet, are there any lights on the front of the box flashing on and off, you could try a forced connection, go to help and setting, settings network reconnect to the virgin media network now. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As per micky - the TiVo has an internet connection internally and doesn't use your homehub.

Are you sure it's a TIVo box because you've mentioned WiFi which the TiVo doesn't have. Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
s00snb
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• Green flashing light on front( heart symbol). When try to connect get n27 code telling me ethernet cable disconnected. As TiVo box does not use one seems strange
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The flashing heartbeat light means your TiVo's internal modem has failed and consequently your box doesn't have an internet connection.

It's a fault, you should call VM to report it and arrange (most likely) a replacement TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
s00snb
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Thought that might be case.  Any way  other way of contacting vm without having to wait on phone for over an hour?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@s00snb wrote:

Thanks. Thought that might be case.  Any way  other way of contacting vm without having to wait on phone for over an hour?

Call when the queue is less than an hour? 🙂

0 Kudos
s00snb
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And I thought the idea of the community was to provide helpful comments . Unlikely to make any further use if this is the level of support I can expect when I pose a perfectly legitimate question. I assume the answer you meant to give was that at present contacting vm  by phone is the only available method and due to the high levels of calls I can expect to be on hold for longer than normal.....

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Call queues are often lower earlier in the day.

And sorry but no, this community forum isn't a direct alternative to calling in.

0 Kudos