Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVO box keeps buffering

TV keeps buffering with both live Tv and recorded programmes. I have rebooted the hub and the box lots of times to no effect. If I ring 150 there is a recorded message apologising for the intermittent service but when I go online and run the checks there are no faults in my area but it indicates a technical fault with the box. I can't get any further after that because there doesn't seem to be any facility to book an engineer. What do I do next?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO box keeps buffering

Firstly which TV box do you have - is it the TIVo or the V6? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm not sure what symptoms you're describing - I'd expect buffering to occur with any programmes being streamed over the internet, so anything app-based or using OnDemand.

Pixellation is a symptom of digital breakup, so would occur on live TV and/or paused/recorded programmes depending where the issue lies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Mine is the V6 box. The buffering occurs both on live TV via the box and previously recorded programmes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 box buffering

V6 box keeps buffering on both live TV and previously recorded programmes. I have rebooted the box and the hub numerous times. If I call 150 there is a recorded message apologising for the intermittent service but if I go online and run the tests it shows no faults on the service but indicates a technical issue with the box. After that I can get no further because there doesn’t seem to be any online way of booking an engineer or specific technical help. What do I do next?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds in that case, like you've got either a box or a cabling fault - borne out by your comment about the self-test picking up a technical issue.

I'd suggest re-dialling 150 in that case - if the automated system is identifying an issue, it should then offer you the choice of a replacement box or engineer visit, which I would urge you (lockdown/Covid dependent) to accept. If the automatic system insists on your speaking to a faults agent, then I would recommend you patiently wait and the agent should be able to arrange the necessary for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box buffering

Hi there @pedro75

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - so sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your V6 box and buffering tv channels and recordings. I have located your account and can see that you are currently impacted by a known area issue. 

This issue is called Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) and can impact picture quality and intermittent TV issues. At the time of writing, the estimated is date is 15th November. The reference number for this issue is F008230752

Once the issue is resolved, if you're still having the problem, we can take a further look at your account to see what the issue is. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide