Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: The (sorry but I say this as a software architect) absolutely IDIOTIC FUNDAMENTAL flaws in user inter

Indeed, the issue is all the more annoying as they did not arrive at it by chance but via design. Nothing is more frustrating when ample design produces thoroughly dysfunctional user interface. 

The mechanical properties are as you mention, the shape *coupled* with the layout of the buttons is just breathtaking - who on Earth can put a cluster of channel selection-related buttons at the top, then at the very bottom of the 8-shaped funky thing there is last channel... Try how easy it is, without even dropping it, moving from one end to the very other end when accessing closely inter-related functions. 

And this is just one example...  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: The (sorry but I say this as a software architect) absolutely IDIOTIC FUNDAMENTAL flaws in user inter

Well don’t get too despondent. The V6, which we were the first to “road test” here in the UK, is being rolled out across LGs other operations in Europe.

However there is a fundamental difference. Their V6 has no hard drive & relies on cloud storage. Along with that comes the icing on the cake, the new Horizon 4 interface. Fluid play between all devices & a voice controlled remote come as standard.

When will we get it here? Well, that’s another matter. But LG certainly want commonality across all their operations in the next few years.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos