Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Service

I don’t know where to start. I have been a Virgin Media customer now for a number of years... Lets get straight to it:

1) Telephone line hasn’t worked for forever. So much so that I have disconnected all landlines and now only use mobiles. This is particularly frustrating when you can’t dial “150” and have to wait forever on premium rate 0345 numbers without speaking to anyone. (Wonder if Virgin will reimburse my call charges 🤣)

2) V+ box in upstairs bedroom hasn’t worked forever. Useless, but still paying for it all the same!

3) Main Tivo box is slow at best. Requested free upgrade to V6 box but low and behold it never appeared.

4) My Virgin Media Contract expired 18 months ago, yet I’m still taking the periodic rises on the chin, when in actual fact what I pay £75 a month for is 100mb broadband and a Tivo box which is terrible.

I’m venting here as a last resort before I jump ind bed with Sky again. 

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction (hopefully not the 0345 forever on hold hotline) to cancel this horrific service. Might just cancel my DD as I’m out of contract by 18 months anyway.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Service

There's a few things in here, and not all are TV related, so let's go...

@Goingtoleave wrote:

I don’t know where to start. I have been a Virgin Media customer now for a number of years... Lets get straight to it:

1) Telephone line hasn’t worked for forever. So much so that I have disconnected all landlines and now only use mobiles. This is particularly frustrating when you can’t dial “150” and have to wait forever on premium rate 0345 numbers without speaking to anyone. (Wonder if Virgin will reimburse my call charges 🤣)

I'd suggest posting in the landline section here - but 03 numbers are not premium-rate but are landline numbers in exactly the same way as 01 & 02 numbers are.

@Goingtoleave wrote:

2) V+ box in upstairs bedroom hasn’t worked forever. Useless, but still paying for it all the same!

V+ boxes are long since discontinued and you should have had numerous communications from VM regarding swapping it for a TiVo or V6.

@Goingtoleave wrote:

3) Main Tivo box is slow at best. Requested free upgrade to V6 box but low and behold it never appeared.

How did you make this request, and was it accepted? Did you follow up the request?

@Goingtoleave wrote:

4) My Virgin Media Contract expired 18 months ago, yet I’m still taking the periodic rises on the chin, when in actual fact what I pay £75 a month for is 100mb broadband and a Tivo box which is terrible.

If you finished your minimum term 18months ago, have you ever called VM Retentions to discuss your package and whether there's a more suitable/cost-effective one for you? You might even get a box-swap to a V6 if you ask nicely.

@Goingtoleave wrote:

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction (hopefully not the 0345 forever on hold hotline) to cancel this horrific service. Might just cancel my DD as I’m out of contract by 18 months anyway.

Cheers

VM's customer service number is indeed 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - calls to 03 numbers are charged in exactly the same way as calls to other 01/02 landline numbers. You might find this Ofcom article useful to read about them, the advice in that page applies to all UK telecoms operators, fixed & mobile.

Cancelling your D/D won't cancel your VM contract, and will just cause missed payments which will cause more problems down the line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Service

Hi Goingtoleave,

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali