Menu
JohnCassidy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TVChannels

I have Amazon Prime in the list of my Virgin Channels. However I cannot access it, although I can on my iMac, because, I am informed, I need to  upgrade my Virgin box. I currently have a Tivo 5 box. This seems crazy as I have a Prime membership. How do I get round this silliness?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TVChannels

Tivos cant do Amazon Prime, you need a newer box for prime. You need to call up to see if your eligible for an upgrade
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TVChannels

Hi JohnCassidy,

I'm not sure what a TIVO5 box is.

Amazon Prime is only available on the V6 and TV360 boxes, not TIVO boxes.

You could always speak to regrades and ask to upgrade to a V6/TV 360 box. You may have to pay for the upgrade, however if you are out of contract you could negotiate a new deal and ask for a box upgrade at the same time, please note you need a VM broadband connection to run either of those boxes.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos