Menu
normansummers19
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV

Anyone else having TV problems? I've had no channels since the 4th of August,phone calls and emails haven't resolved it, Now my internet services have been restricted due to me obviously not paying my bill!! Customer service is shocking! 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV

Hello

If the bill remains unpaid then as you have already found out the services will be restricted. The bill will have too be paid to allow them to restart the services and once paid normally the restart of services will take 24/48 hrs.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
normansummers19
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The TV as been off since the 4th of August nothing to do with being restricted due to none payment unfortunately and obviously now I won't be paying due to not having the service but I'm getting no response from customer support 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its the same as a supermarket if at checkout you refuse to pay you can't leave with any goods
normansummers19
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

And you wouldn't pay for your goods and leave them behind 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can't help noticing on your profile zero helpful answers no kudos, no pay no TV simple
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

so the crux of the matter is for an unknown reason your tv services stopped on the 4th august. you then decided to stop paying for the tv service that wasn't working and the internet service that was working.

as others have said that would result in restriction of stoppage of said services. sky and bt would do the same.

others on here may be able to help if you can give info on what happened when your tv services stopped. was there an error code, what do you see now. is the box making any noise. without further info aside from 'Customer service is shocking!' it makes it impossible to offer any guidance.
0 Kudos
normansummers19
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's because I joined the community today for advice, what you are failing to realise is I'm not happy my services have been restricted as I have not had the services which they are wanting payment for, Absolutely no channels since the 4th of August and no help from customer services, nothing to do with restriction due to none payment that as only happened today because I don't see how they can charge me for a full month with no TV 

0 Kudos
normansummers19
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for a helpful reply and you're working out of my cryptic question is correct. All I have on my TV is the virgin media logo at the top of the screen nothing else no menu or anything.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi normansummers19,

When you report a fault to VM, if you have had complete loss of services they will offer a refund, however I'm afraid you went the wrong way about it.

Yes it's difficult getting through on the phone, but they do answer.  You could have also sent a text to VM, or run a service check via your online account, which could have also run tests on your equipment.

There is no customer facing email service, which is why you never received a reply back.

If it was an intermittent fault you would have received help by reporting it, possibly a new box or an engineer visit. Or it may have been something they could solve by sending a signal to your box.

As @jamesofmerton said if you tell us what the errors are we may be able to help, however your services won't be reinstated until the bill is up to date.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali