Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV recordings pixelating and BBC iplayer not working

We constantly get a problem with bad reception  and our recorded programs go pixelated and pause for a period whilst watching. Also we find it takes an age for BBC iplayer to start and then it stops working part way through. This has been going on for a long time ☹

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV recordings pixelating and BBC iplayer not working

Hi Nickam,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back to our community, I am sorry to hear you are getting pix-elation and are unable to watch BBC i player.

I have had a look our end and I cannot see any issues, as it has been a few days since your last post how have things been going, have you managed to speak to our faults team?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paul,

I have spoken to your people on the phone and they say the same as you, that there isnt a fault.

Its obviously just a sub standard service you offer if this is the standard of service You provide. The problem recurs on a regular basis. 

A couple of years ago when we had the same problem they would send out a guy to do something in the green box at the end of the road and that would work for  a while but clearly that option is no longer available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickam,

In regards to the pix-elation have you tried a different HDMI cable or slot on your tv, in regards to the I player what error message are you getting when trying to watch?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I haven't tried a different HDMI cable but then this is the one we've always used. The iplayer problem is firstly that it takes ages to actually start then iy stops part way through a program.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickam,  

Thank you for coming back to me, are you having the same issue on both set top boxes?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, but then we tend only to use one of them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this, can you unplug the box from the wall and also reboot the router, can you try the cable in the one that is ok in the one you are having issues with.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos