Menu
KieTyl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV pixellating and lost channels

Had pixellated channels for several weeks, slowly increasing in number and losing whole channels that will not connect.

Now lost nearly half the channels including movies and even the basics like BBC and ITV.

Repeated attempts to fix the problem via online tests and phonecalls to Virgin. Promised a call back from Technical today but nothing happened.

Home page says no issues in area but test says there is. Sales rep told me twice that there is an issue in the area that engineers are working on and will fix in 48 hours (its now 4 weeks on).

No problems with broadband though - it is only TV.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixellating and lost channels

This is as good a case as any, for my stock answer to pixellation queries... (edited to clarify some bits)

Pixellated pictures (and in your case, lost channels) on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them. If you've already rebooted once, then anything other than a tech visit or box replacement is likely to be merely kicking the can down the road.

Calling in is usually the quickest way, but alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KieTyl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yeah thanks,

called it in a couple of times and they tell me there is a fault in the area that they are working on. Though the website says there are no issues in my area. Twice been told "engineers working on it and it will be fixed within 48 hrs", now 4 weeks on and counting...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Any known issues should be listed on the status line, 0800 5610061. My suspicion is, there is a fault in the area but perhaps not to the severity you're experiencing - but this is getting lost in translation somewhere (not your fault, by the way)

You've done all the right things here - I'd wait around a day or so and VM staff should pick this post up. If necessary we can flag it for attention, but it's late in the day and it'll be tomorrow in any case.

I'd advise against adding further posts to this thread, else it'll go down their list.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

KieTyl
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

how long does it take to get a reply usually?

They have closed my complaint as resolved 3 days ago - which it's definitely not fixed.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

From what I've seen lately, it's around 2-3 days.

Every time a thread is replied to, it tends to drop down the queue.

This is why calling in service-affecting issues, is often the quickest way.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi KieTyl,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the TV service.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see that our automated systems have identified a broadcast issue with your Virgin Media TV service which is impacting multiple customers in the area. Our engineering teams are aware of the issue and will look to resolve this as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
KieTyl
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

this has been ongoing for many weeks now - we have totally lost 30 channels including BBC1,2,ITV,ch4, E4, movies, etc.

When are we getting real information on this and what refund are we getting?

Just repeatedly being told "we are working on it" is incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry I appreciate this must be frustrating, 

At the moment there are no further details regarding the issue,

This has been flagged on your account that you're affected by it. Once the issue has been resolved we can then look at a loss of service credit.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
KieTyl
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

had a message from the complaints team that the issue in my area is resolved and they are closing the complaint.

So rebooted box but still no better.

Went straight onto the online tester and it still says there is a problem in the area. So where do they get their info from if untrue?

Tried calling the number that was on the complaints email after just getting back from hospital but gave up after 20mins on hold.

Today even more channels have dropped off.

Struggling to find the time to sit on a phone for hours to resolve something that I have escalated through numerous communication methods already.

Will start costing up the switch to Sky and see what they can offer me.

0 Kudos