Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV pixelation and Virginmedia action via network on 06/07/20 left problem unchanged

In Area 20 - this problem has been persistent. Whilst restarting the box & tightening up the cables improves picture the pixelation resumes. This problem has increased in frequency to be almost regular. Virginmedia were contacted by telephone yesterday, 07/07/20. The contact carried out checks etc over the network. The box was switched off & back on as advised. After switching on & viewing. Pixelation starts again later. Typically it's a minor break up of part of the picture for a short time. Also it can occur around the edge of picture continuously which is a distraction. Occurs on most watched channels. Typically from the terrestrial group. However it has also happened when using Sky Sports.

What next? As telephoning Virginmedia is typically a last resort.

Thanks John_2_VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixelation and Virginmedia action via network on 06/07/20 left problem unchanged

This sounds the classic symptoms of a problem with the incoming signal exhibiting itself through pixellation, where a reboot might mask the symptoms for a short time, but ultimately the problem remains.

The underlying problem will only be solved by physically identifying the equipment causing this and replacing it - whether it's a cable in the street, a connector in a street cab, or something in your home.

Are there any particular channels that are worst affected? Sometimes this can help identify whether particular broadcast frequencies are "clustered", although it won't alter the action required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixelation and Virginmedia action via network on 06/07/20 left problem unchanged

Hi John_2_VM

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the TV issues. From checking the systems, it's caused by the input levels being out of spec. 

I'll send a PM as this needs a technician to fix. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM John_2_VM

Just to update the thread, the technician visit has been booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_2_VM

Thanks for your message, what do the texts you've received say?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

John,

Briefly the first one received 18:23 08/07/20 - with technician visit details & option to reply FIXED. If visit no longer required.

second one today 09/07/20 at -12:15 - repeat of the above, presented as a reminder with the same reply request FIXED. If services start working before visit.

Third at 14:15 09/07/20 - a message about how Virgin Media likes to keep technicians safe etc. Followed by an enquiry about the receipt of a NHS text requesting the recipient to shield due to vulnerability. Reply requested NHS for yes & NEXT if not.

2 started Hi, it's Virgin Media & the third Hi, Virgin Media again.

Yours John_2_VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's us. Just to confirm if you're isolating with symptoms etc

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

John, as I was unaware these text messages were pending. I was unable to advise you that 24hours would be required before a reply could be dispatched from the receiving phone. Please bear in mind a similar request from yourself had already been replied to. What happens next?

Thanks John_2_VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Let us know how the technician visit goes 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

John,

I will let you know after we've had a bit of viewing time.

Thanks John_2_VM 🤞

0 Kudos