Menu
JDSA
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV not working properly

Despite several roboots by my son in law my TV isn't working properly.I doesn't list whats on on each channel and the picture drops out frequently. I have an old TIVO box

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV not working properly

Sounds like your box has a flaky connection to the VM network. On the front-left of the box, there should be 3 green lights.

From L-R, you have power & online, both should be on solidly. The rightmost is the remote input.

I'll wager the online light is flashing in your case. Even if it's not, poor picture is symptomatic of signal issues which will need VM to investigate.

Possibly a faulty box needs replacing, maybe duff external cabling somewhere. It's a reportable fault in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JDSA

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the TV issues. I have checked the system and the tuner has failed on it which needs a technician visit.

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM JDSA, 

Just to update the thread, the technician visit has been booked in. Let me know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JDSA
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos