Menu
miaitken
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

TV keeps switching off after about 20 secs

I have a Panasonic Vierra TV, connected to a Tivo V6 bx When switching on the TV it operates for about 20 seconds and then switches of the screen but the sound still works. The only way I can fix it is to switch the TV off at the mains,then switch it on again, when it responds I have about 20 secs to access via the menu button the re-install command for the TV. A lot of the time I cannot access the menu quickly enough and the TV switches off again before I get to the command on the menu. Then I have to go through the whole sequence again. It is working at present, but if I switch it off again it will go through the same sequence.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV keeps switching off after about 20 secs

Hi miaitken,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply. 

I've checked the system today and I can see there is an SNR issue affecting the service. (signal to noise ratio). This fault reference is F008329865 and the estimated fix date is the 24th August 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
miaitken
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John

0 Kudos
miaitken
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

We waited in today, but no engineer came.

We need to go shopping today sometime, will the engineer give us a time of arrival???

Regards

Malcolm

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning miaitken,

Thanks for coming back to us, can you please confirm if the engineer came to your property or not? Has the fault been resolved or is this still on going?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
miaitken
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No sign of an engineer so far, the TV stays on longer, but switches off after about 15 mins, the TV goes off but the sound can still be heard. To rectify I have to switch on the TV, at which point the sound goes off, then I have to start the TV. When it comes on it picks up from where it switched off and then stays on.

I have tried resetting the TIVO box and checking all the settings, do not know what else to do.

Will the engineer make an appointment ??

Regards

Malcolm

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malcolm,

Sorry just re-reading John's post there. It looks like he's advised you that a engineer was doing work in the area to resolve an area outage.

When we have area outages this means engineers will seek to resolve but this wouldn't be at a customers property - I'd therefore suggest that we were never booked in to come to your property personally. I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

In regards to your current TV issue, can you please advise me how long's this been going on for? Can you also tell me if this has been an issue on former TV sets with this set top box? Are you able to try an alternative TV set? 

Can you also try an alternative HDMI cable as well as port on the back of the TV too for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
miaitken
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave
I have only the one TV
This situation never happened until about 14 days ago, I went through checking all of the connections to make sure that they were OK, and checked all the settings in the TV and the TIVO box. It improved to the point where as I said it now only switches off once as described instead of switching of continually after 20 secs as in my original post.
I do not have a spare HMDi cable, will get one asap to see if that cures it.
Will let you know what transpires.
Regards,
Malcolm
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Malcolm

Keep me posted and if we need to book an engineer for you, we'll seek to do so

Have a good day

David_Bn

0 Kudos
miaitken
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi David
I bought a new HMDi cable and the problem remains the same. I had an aerial technician in over the weekend because I lost my terrestrial signal. The aerial is at fault. We do not use the digital services so that is not a problem.
Therefore the situation remains the same.
Regards
Malcolm
0 Kudos