Menu
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV guide

my tv guide hasn't updated since sat night, I have forced a connection this morning all seems to complete successfully but no update to guide. I called 150 they said a signal problem and reboot, still no use, now the next scheduled update is in 7 hours, this seems longer than normal.  Is anyone else having issues with tv guide not showing after Sat 8th?  Any help would be good no help on 150 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV guide

Hi Jude2,

Have you tried rebooting both the hub and router?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Currently the guide for the terrestrial channels should cover upto and including Friday 7th, whereas a lot of the pay channels will go a little beyond that. Which channels are you concerned about/having issues with?

The scheduled updates should be somewhere around the 6hour point, but if yours are reporting successful, that's the important thing.

newapollo's advice re routers will be potentially relevant for a V6 box but not a TiVo - you can check which you have on this page 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My box is a TiVo and has been rebooted this morning, and when I do force a connection all looks successful, however it only takes seconds and so doesn't download an info to the TV guide.  I have tried to force a connection a number of times through the day but nothing changes. On the system info page it says that programme information to is up to Sat 8th may, when I think it should be up to Mon 10th may.  Not sure if this is nationwide, my area (25) or just locally to my town?  Can someone else tell me what their system info TV guide data says just so I know if its nationally

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds to me like your scheduled connections are working very much as they should. Which renders "connection" advice as immaterial, this seems like a query with the guide data.

The guide for the terrestrial channels should currently cover upto and including Friday 7th, whereas many of the pay channels will go a little beyond that to a rolling 14days. Which specific channels are you concerned about/having issues with?

Edited to add: There isn't any need to reboot to update TV Guide data, if anything it can sometimes make things worse.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, I only have channel 5 for all this week, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday next week, and Sky 1 until Sat 8th and nothing after that for any channel.  I have now noticed on service check webpage that virgin has now put an issue re TV guide on to be looked at by engineers. This wasn't there up until 12 today, when I checked earlier.  So may be it is nationally 😣 but hopefully fixed soon

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jude2,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the issues with TV Guide.

I've just had a quick look on the service status and can no longer see this listed as an issue in your area.

How are things looking for you now? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos