Menu
digitalpan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV guide wrong in places

Hi, has anyone else noticed that some (not all) TV programmes have incorrect details in the on-screen guide? Two recent programs failed to record and I noticed that the guide was incorrectly showing them as repeats rather than new episodes - my recording was (correctly) set to record new episodes only.

Here's an example: yesterday, Wednesday 10 February 2021 Sky Arts HD channel 156 20:00 Landscape Artist of the Year has an incorrect description (for Portrait Artist!) and shows as first aired 20/01/21 when it was a new program. So it didn't record.

Am I missing something or misunderstanding?

Ian

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV guide wrong in places

I can't find historic listings for Sky Arts online to compare - but that's usually the first step. Compare what the broadcaster's schedule shows, with the VM one.

If those differ, then there's an error - and you can email those to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk - you won't get replies, but if you report errors with (usually) 36-48 hours to go before broadcast, they can usually be corrected in time.

I appreciate your example is Sky Arts, but before anyone else mentions it... there are currently issues with the Viacom channels (Channel 5 and co) having, er, inconsistencies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lancasters
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Strange issue with Sky Arts Landscape artist of the year series 6 episode 5 is missing??

Episode 5 of series 6 was scheduled to be broadcast last night, 19th Feb. at 20:00. My series link has not picked it up and the programme guide shows that episode 2 was played, which I have already recorded.

As these 2 episodes had the same location and therefore titles were so similar, has the guide failed to register the new episode at all?

I see that it's second showing on Saturday 13th at 14:00 also shows series 6 episode 2 as the one showing, on both my TV guide and my virgin go app. 

Can anyone help here please??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange issue with Sky Arts Landscape artist of the year series 6 episode 5 is missing??

@Lancasters 

I've moved your post to another thread where someone's mentioned the exact same issue.

I've dropped a line to the guide errors inbox, so this should hopefully be sorted intime for Saturday's repeat showing. If the first-aired date flag is set correctly, then one of the 4 repeat showings (Saturday 2pm, Sunday 8pm, Monday 10pm, Tuesday 3pm) should pick up and your TiVo/V6 should automatically schedule the first available one to record.

The episode looks to be on VOD in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lancasters
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange issue with Sky Arts Landscape artist of the year series 6 episode 5 is missing??

Thanks for your kind interventions here! I haven't encountered the issue before in many years as a customer. The guide team have altered the entry for second showing now on Saturday so we should pick it up as a new episode. Thanks again, I'll know what to do in future thanks to your advice too.

0 Kudos