Menu
Daisy3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV breaking up freezing

Hi,  Is there a issue with Tivo box picture quality.  It keeps freezing and breaking up.  I've tried another TV in the room so confident its not my TV. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV breaking up freezing

Hi Daisy3,

Sorry to hear your picture is breaking up.

Did you use the same HDMI cable when testing on the other TV? It's possible that the cable is creating the problem.

Does it only happen on some channels, or all channels?

If it's only certain channels please can you list a few of them, and whether they are HD or SD

Any problems with recordings, catch up or on demand services?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Daisy3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for taking time to reply.  

Yes same cables and its all channels.  If i'm watching netflix via tivo it often just freezes and exits back to a channel.   

On demand and catchup have never really worked in some time and calling in didnt help.  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pixellated & broken up pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

Streaming services such as Netflix, iPlayer and OnDemand - these use the internet (not your TV feed) and if problematic, is indicative of another problem entirely. If you have a TiVo, this box has an inbuilt internet connection - and if this has problems, then all online services will be affected. Do you ever have any flashing lights on the front-left of your TiVo when OnDemand or streaming programmes fail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Daisy3,

Thanks for taking the time to post this issue on our forums and I'm really sorry for the problems this causing when you're trying to relax and watch TV.

I have been able to locate your account via your community profile and as @japitts suspected this is a signal fault, which will need an engineer visit to have this resolved.

Firstly we will need to confirm a few details, so that we can get the visit booked in for you, I will drop over a private message now to do this.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Daisy3 and thanks for confirming your details via our private message.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Daisy3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank You  much appreciated 

0 Kudos