Menu
pdomanski
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV box problems

I recently contacted Virgin and adjusted my account. At the time I was having a problem where if I switched my smart 4K tv to the box it 'No input signal'. When I switched the box off and restarted the box would say 'starting up'. I was promised a new box (which has not arrived) and I now have a TV box which, when it wakes up has only 3/4 of the screen working with the other section black. Any ideas>

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV box problems

There's something a bit wrong here - you've posted in the TiVo board, and this box doesn't support 4K UHD. If you do have a TiVo, that could well be part of your problem - check here if you're not sure.

In the meantime, you can tweak your video output settings under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output. Your issue sounds like the aspect ratio isn't set correctly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pdomanski
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,
Thanks for the info, will chase virgin for a new box that works with 4k
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rather than call VM for that, can I suggest a little bit of research into what their solution is likely to be...

The V6 is the newer version of the TiVo, it runs exactly the same software but on much newer hardware that's far more capable. The caveat is that it needs VM broadband to work, as it doesn't have a connection inbuilt like the TiVo. If you don't have VM broadband, then there is no solution.

Ordinarily, a TiVo > V6 swap is obtained either as part of a package renegotiation (with a new 18month contract) or by "asking nicely" (or being offered) as part of a fault swapout that would ordinarily be like-for-like. So just be aware.

VM may offer you a change to the newer 360 platform instead. Just to be aware - a 360 box runs on the same hardware as the V6, but is totally different software and may not be right for you, depending how much of the TiVo-software functions you use.

Just some food for thought, better to make that call informed as to what the solutions might be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pdomanski
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts, will keep that in mind
0 Kudos