Menu
whiskey
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV box keeps crashing

I am losing the will to live with my box. It crashes, stalls and shuts down. I can't pause anything because I then can't watch the programme. The box stalls and won't respond, then it suddenly catches up and won't rewind. Twice in the last hour the box has crashed. I've got a message saying the channel is unavailable and an error code of V53. Been on hold to virgin for currently 42 minutes. Please help. *** 55 mins 41 seconds on hold and cut off. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box keeps crashing

Hi whiskey,

have you checked the service status as indicated by virgin-tv-error-codes/v53 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
whiskey
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did check. And it did say there was an issue. And the fix date is 20th October. Firstly if you think I'm going to wait until then. Secondly I don't see that my issue will be fixed. Seen as though. My box only starts to mess about when I pause a programme. If I don't try to pause, rewind etc then it works just fine.  And if I watch a programme I've recorded half way through it suddenly jumps forward, and I then have to rewind. And guess what I've used rewind and the box freezes the programme plays, stops, plays, stops. I think my box is at the end of its life.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The issue you say is showing with a fix date of 20th October, this isn't the All-4 app by any chance? Or does it specifically say "your TV nox may keep crashing"? The All-4 app issue is just that, and won't be causing this problem.

The symptoms you've described are of a box with a failing hard drive, where any recorded or delayed programming is affected. Your box will only get worse and outright failure (with a green screen error) will only be a matter of time.

Your box does need replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
whiskey
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me.  I honestly am not sure what that fix date is for. I had such a bad day yesterday researching stuff about my TV was not something I wanted to do. Please let me know how I go about arranging a replacement box. As I don't really want to be on hold for about an hour again only to get cut off.  Or is there no other way.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can either call through to faults as you've been doing, or wait on here for VM staff to pick up your post - that can take several days.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
whiskey
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help. I'll keep trying to ring through to faults. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi whiskey, thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're having ongoing issues with your TV service.  I would like to take a closer look for you.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
whiskey
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee. Thanks for getting back to me. I am sorted now. A new box has been issued and seems ok thank you.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's great whiskey

I did have to check in to make sure:-)  If you ever need assistance in the future, please remember, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos