Menu
Aljohara
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV app has stopped working

I use the apps to get tv channel All4 and have suddenly had a problem whereby the channel does not play. I can access the All4 menu and choose a feature to watch and then the adverts play but when they have finished and the program is about to start nothing happens. It seems I can connect through the apps OK but the program just doesn't play. Can anyone advise a solution. Thank you

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV app has stopped working

Are you using a 4K UHD TV?

Can you view (non-BBC) OnDemand programmes ok? That would prove the box's internet connection ok.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Aljohara
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi japits,

i do not have a 4k tv. My tv is maybe 5 years old and works fine. Going through the Tivo box and selecting apps i have always been able to access any of the apps but recently this changed when I could no longer get them to play. The strange thin is that the apps are there; I can select them; they appear to load and play the usual adverts but when it comes to play the program it just freezes! All connections are good with wifi connection etc. Very confusing and disappointing. I wonder if my Tivo box is the problem but everything else is working ok.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you view programmes from (non-BBC) CatchUp ok? That would be a good test of your OnDemand service.

Can you try disregarding the lack of an error code, and try following https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 to see if it helps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos