Menu
dave_in_manc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV and remote abysmally slow

Hello Folks,

seems I picked the wrong day to get a problem, can't check the service status because the website reports a problem, can't run the check through the website because the website reports a problem ! The TV is slow as a slug, the remote is just as bad, I've rebooted several times, I've changed out the batteries in the remote, but there can be 20 seconds + between pressing the button and the menu coming up. Getting the remote to scroll through the pages of the menu is painful, and getting the remote to just go up or down through the channels is nigh on impossible. 

Should I just call the engineers out because I'm convinced either the box or the remote or both are knackered and I can't get on the service status or checking/testing pages as mentioned above.

EDIT:  Also, keep saying channel is not available when a channel finally, painfully slowly changes, call virgin media etc etc , then the channel comes on 5/10 seconds later................

Cheers  . . . .

Dave

0 Kudos
dave_in_manc
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV and remote abysmally slow

Now I have a headache, call centres closed, phone goes round in circles eventually cutting me off, absolute waste of time and abysmal service.

Error codes are C501 and V53 but I can't do a thing about them as the website's knackered. Someone deserves a P45.

Now I understand why people rave about Sky TV.................................

EDIT : Now I also have error code W02 LOL can't make this **** up !

0 Kudos
dave_in_manc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

OH crap, didn't mean to mark that as answered when it quite plainly isn't ! Any Virgin team people that would like to chime in feel free .............................

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @dave_in_manc

Welcome back to our Community - I was sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your TV services earlier this month and also having issues checking for outages and contacting us; not the experience we expect at all. 

The errors you are getting are usually associated with a signal issue or connection issue. We have a dedicated TV Error Code Page that you can use to check and go through diagnostics on each error code you may be having. 

If you're having issues using the Status Page either via your MyViginMedia page or app or via the link at the top of this page, we also have a Status Line you can call on 08005610061 - it is totally automated. 

I have located your account and can see that we have not yet heard from you since  you posted - are you still having the issues you advise? I have gone through some checks at this end and can see you have recently rebooted. There are some low signal levels but all else seems to be looking ok. 

However, if you are still having the issue you have advised, our checks do advise that a technician would be required. As such I have booked a visit for you - you can check this visit date and time via your online account. If the timeslot is not convenient, you can reschedule via your online account also.

If you have any issues with checking or locating the appointment, please do let us know. 

Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dave_in_manc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello and thank you for the reply,

the problems still seem to be persisting, the picture is lagging/juddering now, I have had a text today from virgin with a date and time for an engineer to call so hopefully it will be resolved after that.

Dave

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @dave_in_manc 

Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each community member ASAP. 

I've had a check and I can see that the tech visit has been completed. Is everything now working for you? 

Let us know if you need any further help 🙂 

Thanks. 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mickb53
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thank you for describing my problem this last month so accurately! I'm also in Manchester so perhaps Virgin are in cahoots with Boris and they're getting us back for Andy Burnham's request for more money? 

Seriously though, naffed off with Tivo unit and being constantly sent round the houses by Virgin, cannot get through by phone, tech help will not contact me after pointless textchat conversations, keep sending me to pages that show 404 errors etc.

Did you manage to get a tech visit, did issue get sorted and if so can you point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
dave_in_manc
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes there's a big improvement now, I still had a tiny bit of juddering the other day but on the whole it's better so i'll keep an eye out for a few more days before considering it 'solved'.

0 Kudos
Mickb53
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That’s good news. How do you get a tech visit arranged?

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mickb53.  Thanks for posting.  

Sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with your TV service.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos