cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Guide cannot keep up with F1

petersladdie
Dialled in

another GP weekend and the tv guide is out of date. i know the live events dictate the schedule but surely there was enough time time this morning to update the on screen tv guide to reflect the changes. i had to check on the sky sports app to see what was going on when i tuned in to sky sports F1 at 1100 for a replay of the practice sessions only to find that i was watching the live coverage of the second session after the track had to be fixed. this is not the first weekend when i have not been able or willing to stay up all night to watch a live session, to find that due to unforeseen events that the schedule is out of date. hopefully AI may be able to make the tv guide more dynamic in the near future. I have signed up for notifications about F1 from the sky sports app so hopefully that will help me manage my viewing preferences 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo & V6 guides work on a 6hourly cycle once the broadcaster issues an update. Live sport that changes timing on-the-day such as happened with the F1 this morning, is never going to get an update in real-time.

The TiVo & V6 allow for recordings to be extended either individually or as part of a series-link, this is by far the best solution for this scenario.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

SkyQ didn't record FP2 for me as the schedule didn't update in time.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5