Menu
PattyN
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TV Guide always To be announced....?

Hi,

I have a Tivo box that was working fine until a week or 10 days ago. It started turning itself on overnight, and ever since then most of the channels say 'To be announced', and don't show the programmes.

I can get the programmes OK if I choose the channels, but it means I don't know what's on unless I go online and check a tv guide.

Also, I can't set a recording because it doesn't have the timings. If I record a programme I'm watching, the recording is titled 'To be announced'.

I tried going through the Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now, but it keeps telling me the network cable is unplugged. It isn't. It's connected to both the router and the box.

I've also tried turning it off and on again. Still doesn't work. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to sort it out, please?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Guide always To be announced....?

The network cable that gets advised as unplugged is not a physical cable but a logical one.

This error suggests that TiVo is not connecting to the internet via its own broadband connection.

You need to phone Virgin Media to get this investigated and resolved.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PattyN

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

I've taken a look at this form our end and we're seeing the box as active, online and functional at the moment. I hope that means that this issue has been resolved? 

If not, get in touch and we'll do everything we can to assist in getting this resolved. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PattyN
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

First, many thanks to Ernie for the good advice.

And yes, it's all sorted now, thank you.  I rang 150 - twice, because the automatic diagnostic disconnected me. The helpdesk person tried to run a signal through to the box, which didn't help, but he arranged for an engineer to visit.  Adam, the engineer, came and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently - he was also friendly and helpful. All in all, a good outcome.

Laci
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PattyN

I have the same issue and after a long talk with VM we managed to get back the connection but it still says "to be announced".

Do you know what the engineer did to make it work?

Does it mean that it has to be an engineer because via phone they cannot sort it out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laci, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your guide. 

This usually means that your box is not connected to the internet and as such cannot download the information. 

If you have a TiVo or V6 please try this to connect to the network: 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

A reboot can also force a connection. 

(Are you having any broadband issues at all? )

Do let us know how you get on and we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jimthespike
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem. Have rebooted the V6 and checked the ethernet connection but still have "to be announced" on most of the entries on the guide.

Tried to get help on the phone but waited one hour with no answer. Surely all of Virgin's TV technical support staff can't be on holiday?

I notice incidentally that network diagnostics shows the ethernet cable to be connected but DNS is zero three times.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this Jim. 

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Tom

0 Kudos
jimthespike
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Service is OK as we have a second V6 which is fine.

Tried the advanced diagnostics but the link from the relevant page is broken.

Jim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Jim. I think I've been able to locate your account, and I believe the best solution at this stage will be to book a tech-visit. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

0 Kudos