Menu
YORKSHIRERAY
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TRANSMISSION INTERUPTIONS

THIS IS FOR VM - WHY IS IT THAT EVERY DAY YOUR TV TRANSMISSION IS CUT FOR ABOUT 5 MINUETS BETWEEN 05.30 AND 06.30 THIS IS WHEN THE NEWS IS ON AND I FIND IT VERY ANOYING. IS IT CAUSED BY A SHIFT CHANGE AS IT CAN'T BE WORK RELATED AS THE TIME IS NOT LONG ENOUGH. THIS HAS BEING GOING ON FOR SOME CONSIDERABLE TIME AND I HAVE TRIED TO PHONE AND COMPLAIN BUT THE WAIT ON THE PHONE TO TALK TO A PERSON IS TO LONG AND I GIVE UP.

IF SOMEONE KNOWS PLEASE LET ME KNOW - THANKS.

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TRANSMISSION INTERUPTIONS

Firstly a gentle note... writing in all capitals is considered shouting. You might want to check your caps lock 😉

Secondly... it's difficult to work out exactly what your problem is, or whether all channels are affected.

0 Kudos
YORKSHIRERAY
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I apologise for the capitals- I spent most of my working life in clerical work and writing reports and because my hand writing was the quality of a doctors I used capital printing to help readers and typists, a habit hard to shake.

The interruption is the whole TV system over all channels. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi "shift" changes will have no baring on it, first things to do is reboot the box check all connections are tight and pushed in fully if it doesn't work phone and go down the Tv faults route 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Two possible explanations:

1) Something in your house is causing a disturbance either to the electrical system or VMs RF signal. Make sure everything is screwed/pushed in tight with the coaxial cables as bad connections can cause RF noise to leak into the system & disrupt the service.

2) Unauthorised alterations to the network. It is possible someone on the cabinet you are connected too has made DIY alterations to VMs coaxial cables. This is another cause of RF leaks, meaning disturbance from their property is affecting the network.

If everything is in tight I would be calling faults to investigate this further.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped