Menu
SteveAbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO can't get past the start-up screen

Hi,

About a weeks ago my TIVO box started to paly up and continually reboot itself, leaving it useless. I've done the usual power off (30 secs), power on, with and without other leads plugged in etc but still nothing... just reboots till I pull the plug.

Thankfully I've a V6 box downstairs but the upstairs TV room has now become redudndant 😞 The TIVO is a 1GB model which I've had for some time and was my primary viewing box before I added the V6.

Any ideas what I might be missing or any tips on how I can jog it out of the endless rebooting? 

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO can't get past the start-up screen

Hi SteveAbb,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your old TIVO box, these old boxes are beginning to be phased out now due to their age and issues such as this one you're having at the moment.

We have been asking customers to replace their old TIVO's for a new V6 box which will be completely free for you. If you'd like us to send a new V6 out to you please let me know and we can start the process for you. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

SteveAbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Megan,

It would be great if you send out a replacment, especially as the V6 is so much better.

Is there anything you need me to do at my end?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
SteveAbb
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Any news on the V6 box?

Thanks,

Steve.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your old Tivo box and still haven't been able to get a new  V6 box .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveAbb,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your old Tivo box and still haven't been able to get a new  V6 box .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos