cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO box will not let me view pre-recored programmes

earleyscripts
Joining in

I have a TIVO Box that is not a V6 but the previous version which still has some recordings on that I have yet to view. Up to recently I could but now it says that as XYZ channel is not available in the EPG so I am not allowed access to the recorded programs. All Channels now are grey out. My Main BOX is a TV360 which is generally okay and I had to provide a "duplexer ?" to connect the TIVO  to the network to view the programs but now whilst I can list them as stated previously I cannot view them. Anybody got a suggestion  of how I can get back my missing items.....please.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few bits in here. Firstly you can't have TV360 & TiVo/V6 on the same account, they're a completely different platform so I suspect you have a combination of TiVo & V6... https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Second, the expired recordings. Are these from BBC1 SD/HD by any chance? And when were the recordings made? The majority of the time, there is no time limit on recordings but when the BBC regional HD changes were instigated a while back, the hidden EPG data was changed and a 1 year grace period (IIRC) put on those recordings.

Third - "all the channels are greyed out". On a TiVo/V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. If that fails, those channels are not in your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi earleyscripts, 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Community. 

I can see that you've posted another thread and are now in a private message with my colleague. 

They will be able to help you get things sorted. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kath_F wrote:

I can see that you've posted another thread

In the other thread the OP evidently has a TV360 not a TiVo as per this post. A classic example of cross-posting causing frustration to other users trying to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks