forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
BigAl1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box playback

Playback blocking then stopping.  This goes on for a minute or two before picture OK again.  Faulty hard drive?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box playback

Does live TV work ok? How about if you pause/rewind?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BigAl1234
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Live TV OK.  It's only when I playback a recording and it's intermittent.  But it is getting more regular - once a day.  I have not tried pausing/rewinding.  It resolves within a minute or two.

I'm just off the phone to Virgin Media help.  He asked me to pull out white cable (aerial) and switch off at back of box.  I turned it back on when asked and they told me try watching something to see if situation was resolved.  Watched a few minutes of a recording, but nothing untoward happened.

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BigAl1234 wrote:

Live TV OK.  It's only when I playback a recording and it's intermittent.  But it is getting more regular - once a day.  I have not tried pausing/rewinding.  It resolves within a minute or two.

Hard drive problems then. Not likely to self-resolve, but may well get worse over time.

@BigAl1234 wrote:

I'm just off the phone to Virgin Media help.  He asked me to pull out white cable (aerial) and switch off at back of box.  I turned it back on when asked

The white cable is your coax that carries the TV signal. So all they've done is reset the box. A bit like pixellation on live TV - one reset won't hurt, but if symptoms return/persist, then there is an underlying issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks