Menu
DottyDodi
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Netflix frustration:

My Virgin TiVo times me out of Netflix (channel 204) after 25 minutes.  I restart the box and WiFi and then 25 minutes later I am shut down again.  In this Lockdown I am now getting fed up with Virgin.  How can I correct this frustrating fault?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Netflix frustration:

Which TV box do you have? Can you check here before anyone advises further? Different boxes connect to the 'net differently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DottyDodi
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just arranged for a newer TiVo box model.  I am told it will probably help.  It will arrive on Wednesday.  I hope it works

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I suspected you were using a TiVo, sounds like you've got a swap to a V6.

Good outcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
idlecat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How did you manage to contact them to arrange getting the new box? I’ve been trying since well before Christmas with no success.

0 Kudos
DottyDodi
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Amazingly, after 4 days and 3 hrs today, I posted my original post then did one last call.  I got through to the Asian sub continent call centre (international ring tone) and just said cancel my Virgin I’ve had enough.  Put through to “supervisor” level as I was determined to leave.  Spoke with Colin from up north and the matter was sorted... should get new TiVo box on Wednesday and engineer to check a down line problem with the signal and a better deal.  So I am staying with Virgin for a bit longer.

0 Kudos