Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TIVO NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET

Good evening,

I can't use on demand on my Tivo. BBC I player won't work or Netflix.

Netflix had been stopping regularly over the last few days and now won't load at all. Through their diagnosis it says the the box is not connected to the internet. The cables are connected and sound, I have restarted the box and I have connected through the settings page and my Wi-Fi is working fine.

It appears that the Tivo is not recognising or recieving the internet.

Any help gratefully recieved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET

Hi there

Is your box a v6 or Tivo 500.

If it's a v6 try rebooting your hub and also restarting your v6.

For the v6 go to the home page help & settings

Then clear & reset

Then restart thumbs down three times then press last channel.

Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if you have a tivo 500 box there will be two lights on the left hand side of the box ,if the second light is flashing this is your problem as they must be both green and steady.you either have a signal issue or the box is faulty,if you pm me with your account number i can look at your account in detail thanks . I am a service tech in isolation working from home!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think it's a 500 and I have had a further reply so I'll follow that one up. I'm working at the moment so will check when I get home, in the meantime many thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Golfstringer,

My account number is [Removed].

Over the last few weeks when Netflix froze, the second light would blink indicating an internet connectivity issue, I would wait 5/10 mins and then it would be ok.

Yesterday when streaming failed completely the light remained on and static which I found odd. I have a box upstairs which I rarely use, I was going to test streaming on that but that has unfortunately developed a fault (7400 I think) where channels are missing. This happened with the downstairs box but got sorted via the helpline a few weeks ago.

I'm at work so will confirm the above when I get home later this afternoon if that's ok.

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick addition to the above, I am an electrician by trade and have checked the integrity of the cabling and it all looks sound.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Others have covered most of this, but just to also add..

Under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, there is a readout of when the box last connected to the VM servers for updates. This should occur automatically every 5.5 hours or so - if the last attempt failed, this will show a reason why.

The second of the 2 green lights on the front, is the main clue as others have mentioned. If that's flashing, you don't have an internet connection. On the TiVo, the internet comes down the same physical cable as your TV signal so if TV works ok then an internet failure indicates either a problem at VM's end, or with your box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The second green light is static even when Netflix fails to load.

I have checked the last connection, that was at 15:37 and is noted as succesful.

I suspect the box but will leave that to the experts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now, many thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos