Menu
jth161270
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO - Green Screen

Hi Virgin Media,

I have had the green screen stating there is a serious issue with the box and it could take 3 to resolve/ The box resolved the issue after approx 1 hour but this is not the first issues we have seen with the box. Previously changing channel resulted in no TV, box has rebooted 3 times and once it tooks > 45 mins for the box to reboot.

I have a secondary box which is working well and I have also moved this to the living room and this works fine.

I finally got hold o Virgin Media support after three attempts (1st attempt 1 hour on the phone and gave up, second attempt 45 min on the chat and no response).

Anyway finally got hold of someone who stated a engineer visit is needed. I rejected this due to the current COVID restriction in the UK and asked for a new TIVO box. The agent stated he could no do this as the box was supplied by Virgin Media as a gift and not part of my contract which is not correct. Both boxes were installed in 2019 as part of a new contract that I signed, very disappointing with the support VM supply.

Any suggestion on how to get this resolve without an engineer visit would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO - Green Screen

Just to check, do you have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

The green screen error you have described is indeed terminal, and requires a box replacement. Whether that's done by means of an engineer visit or a self-serve QuickStart replacement may depend on a few factors - and without having been party to that call, it's tricky to make comment either way. I can understand why you may be reluctant to have an engineer visit, but equally there may be reasons why the agent couldn't arrange a straight replacement. (I'm not sure what they'd be, but that's for anoter day).

I'm as confused by the gift comment as you are - the boxes are supplied & rented as part of your TV subscription, and it's upto VM to support them. I'll be generous and put that one down to C/S "confusion".

Given that you've already called and this should have already been resolved, I'll escalate this post to VM forum staff to have a gander. I can't promise how long this will take, and if you're able to callback in the meantime, then I'd suggest you do so!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO - Green Screen

Hello jth161270

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_

0 Kudos