cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO Box, stuttering on more channels by the day.

toneh
Joining in

Hi,

Our Tivo box has been stuttering for a while now, esp on HD channels, but seems to be getting worse all the time.

The V6 box in the other room hasn't had any issues and works fine.

Thanks

Tony

4 REPLIES 4

toneh
Joining in

Sorry when I say stuttering, i mean pausing and pixelating.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a short while after posting to edit your posts, avoiding the need for multiple short replies.

Two possible issues here.

1: If you're reporting pixellation on live TV, this is usually a signal issue. Try swapping your TiVo & V6 around - see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the in-room cabling.

2: Pausing & jumping pictures - If this is only affecting recordings, try pausing a live TV programme for a short time and see if that's affected, this also uses the HDD and is a good test of hard drive issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi toneh,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with freezing and pixelating.

Has the advice from our valued member @japitts helped resolved your issue.

Please let us know and come back to us if any further help is required.

Kind regards Jodi. 

toneh
Joining in

Hi,

Just a quick update.

I've moved the boxes about, and the v6 seems to be OK in the room (it's the kitchen) and this is the room where we use the tv the most. Not really watched the Tivo in the living room since, so will keep you posted. A reboot usually sorted out the Tivo before then a few days of use it would start playing up again. (if that makes sense!)

I'll update if it behaves itself in the living room.

Tony