Menu
squareiz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box not updating TV guide

Hello

My Old Tivo box is not updating its TV guide automatically, its been like it for a while, I have to go to settings connect to network every few days to get it to stay up to date.  My other TIVO 6 box is fine.

I have, done all the turn it on and off again, following other suggestions in posts etc, seems like I have exhausted all options to try and fix.

Anyone got any ideas of what to do next?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box not updating TV guide

I'm not 100% what you're reporting, but I suspect I can guess...

You're going into the network connections screen (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network), and the regular "calls home" on the left-hand-side are sometimes failing? You're then manually using "Connect to Virgin Media services now" to force a connection, and this is working?

If I'm wrong - please explain.

If I'm right - do you ever see any flashing green lights on the front-left of your box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
squareiz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Never see flashing lights, just two constant Leds.

For programme listings only see "To be announced" and "Title not available", this is fixed when Igo through home->settings->network->etc etc etc.

On Connection screen the next up date says 16-Jun and the last update is the time I did the manual steps above.  Hope that explains the problem better.

Thanks for getting back to me.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If your LEDs are constant, this suggests your TiVo's internet connection is working - but your TV Guide showing "To be announced" shows your EPG is not getting updated. I'm really lost as to where a June update has come from, but something's wonky somewhere.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and we're looking for 2 specific things here.

1: On the LHS, the box timestamps your EPG update cycles - these should show success roughly every 6hours, or alternatively the most recent failure and the reason. What do you see?

2: On the bottom, you have "Connect to Virgin Media services now". Select this, wait perhaps 15minutes, then recheck this screen and this attempt should be timestamped on the LHS. What's happened?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
squareiz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, when I checked before I started another manual connection/upload, so it states that it is "in progress"

Last successful update says Fri 13/11 01:34

Again thanks for the quick reply

0 Kudos