Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box Faulty

Hello All,

I presume I need to directly speak to Virgin, but alas, due to the current Covid situation I'm having a real problem in doing that.

Long story short, the hard drive in my TiVO box is dying, its spinning up, making a giant click sound and pausing the box for a few seconds, rinse and repeat - recordings are also affected.

As an IT engineer, ive seen it numerous time, its 100% the hard drive - any ideas how I go about getting it replaced?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box Faulty

Hi ph123uk,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your set top box.  You need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults you will go through a series of the automated tests which probably won't pick up the problem. Try calling back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Forum Staff may pick this up for you but it will probbaly take from a few days to a week, so perseverance on the phone is your best bet.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the reply, its appreciated.

Sadly, i've tried phoning at that time on numerous occasions, unfortunately I work from 8.30am onwards so have to pop the phone down.

Obviously not your fault, I'll give the other options a go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wait 3 hours for a reply, and they gave me FOUR MINUTES!!!

grrr.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ph123uk 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response here and on the phone, we are very busy at the moment and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. Thanks for your patience. 

Have you since been able to get a replacement box sorted via the messaging App? 

Let me know and I'll do my best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Still waiting for someone to reply to me on the text messaging service on my mobile phone...its not going great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sadly been two days now with no reply... 

Screenshot_20201126_185058.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried calling instead?

There are times in the morning and afternoon when call queues are quite short.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have, as stated in my first reply 🙂 after posting the thread....

"Re: TIVO Box Faulty

Many thanks for the reply, its appreciated.

Sadly, i've tried phoning at that time on numerous occasions, unfortunately I work from 8.30am onwards so have to pop the phone down.

Obviously not your fault, I'll give the other options a go."

Also, update: Called every single day - no answer - Havent had a reply to my text query either - Not sure where to go from here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Given that VM staff have previously responded to this thread but it's not been followed up, I'll escalate this to them again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks