Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO BOX

My Tivo Box kept shutting down in August and the engineer said he new right away the boxes are overheating and replaced the box.

Two weeks ago I had the same problem and if I wanted a engineer I had to pay £90.

I am in my eighties, live alone and self isolating 

The service is crap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX

Sorry about your bad experience - I suspect the £90 reference could potentially be someone referring to the charge for non-fault callouts, but why this would apply to a fault scenario is beyond me.

Have you been able to report your box faulty so far? Or is it still rebooting currently?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could the reasoning here be that the box is not at fault but the environment is?

The first box may have been replaced but the engineer could have suggested the issue was environmental.

The £99 warning could then be a suggestion that, if no fault is found, the no fault charge should be levied.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was half wondering the same, Ernie.... @DeeJayAre is your box well ventilated and/or in a particularly hot location?

0 Kudos