Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TIVO BOX Faulty

My Tivo box is broken 

I need to book an engineer to fix/replace

The Virgin Media site does not offer this option as an issue for fixing TV 

It is a repeat of a previous fault - but there is no way of booking an engineer to resolve

The help on the website is absolutely useless for this type of issue and after 40 minutes trying to phone with no response the situation.

The service is fine - the problem has ocuurred over several weeks - it is the Tivo Box that is faulty 

Please send out an engineer - it's like trying to get into fort knox trying to speak to someone at Virgin Media (Covid is not a valid excuse) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO BOX Faulty

Firstly, could you elaborate on what your issue actually is? It may be that you do genuinely need an engineer, but without explaining why - VM forum staff will only have to ask. So I'll do it now 🙂

Secondly, this forum is primarily a peer-to-peer community setup where VM staff respond further down the line, and the response time is currently around a week. I don't disagree that there are currently issues with the phone lines for C/S & fault-reporting, but that doesn't alter the fact that's the primary method for reporting faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response

The TV is not functioning correctly (channels not loading/running slow/Freezing) showing red lights (All similar faults to when my previous box broke).

I have switched it off/re-booted likewise with broadband and the issue returns (Broadband/wi-fi working ok).

The phone refers me to the web page which is not of any use to resolve this issue - I have now waited 40 mins twice on the phone and it has eventually just cut off. This method of communication just isn't working.......

There seems no way of reporting this fault, eventually I will be left without TV and no way of telling anyone!

Is there an email address that I could contact that you are aware of - so that someone could call me?

It is so frustrating that there is no means of communicating with Virgin Media other than this forum

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok yes, you probably do have a faulty box.

In which case (and you're not going to like this) there's 3 ways to report faults at the moment..

1: Use the text message service (07533 051809) and wait probably 2 or so days.

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond - probably around a week at the moment. If you choose this, don't reply to the post every few days, that can bump the thread down their list to respond..

3: Persist with calling through, perhaps earlier in the day.

I agree VM C/S has issues at the moment - a skim read of the posts on here makes that undeniable - but these are the methods. Whichever you choose, good luck!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks Japitts

Your help and adivce is greatly appreciated

I will keep plugging on...... and may hang fire for a few days to see if I get a response from VM staff and if I don't hear anything will try one of the other routes. 

Thanks once again

0 Kudos