Menu
Mariae
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Subtitles on demand

Hi,

we have virgin media with the sports package etc. I have a hearing impairment and so have to have subtitles on, however if I forget to record something directly off the tv and want to watch it on demand or I want to watch a movie from sky cinema there are NEVER any subtitles. 

As a result I end up not watching most programmes I want to see as I find it hard to hear. 

What can virgin do to rectify this as really we are not getting a full service as a result and I am missing out on watching many programmes and there must be many other people who also have hearing disabilities that are having the same problem. 

In this day and age, receiving content with the subtitles surely can’t be that difficult to demand from your suppliers and will make a great many of your customers much happier. 

I hope to hear from you.

many thanks

maria 

As 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles on demand

Hi Mariae, 

Thanks for your post, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I fully appreciate what you're saying and I'm sorry if you're finding there isn't enough content provided with subtitles. 

Sadly this isn't something we have control over as we just provide the platform. This would be something you would need to query with Sky, if it's related to Sky Cinema for example.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Mariae
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply. Is this the same for general catch up as I wasn’t referring to sky specifically. Its any program that is broadcast for example made in Chelsea, or towie or master chef etc. that I want to re watch, seems to have subtitles when it is scheduled but when I go to watch on catch up the program isn’t supplied with subtitles. 

Is this still not something virgin is able to deal with? 

Many Thanks

maria 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Maria, we cant always supply subtitles for our on-demand programmes as we rely heavily on the production companies to supply the subtitles for all programmes that we have on demand.

I will make sure that this is fed back to the team as we are always looking at ways to improve our services.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos