Menu
Jacquio
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Stv player

Why on earth has Virgin Media keeping the contract with STV? Clearly they breached their agreement due to the app never working!

I pay a fortune to Virgin Media every month like many other customers. Is it too much to ask for a decent service?

I, personally don't watch tv too often but the rest of my family do. The only time I watch is early hours in the morning while getting up for night feeds with my baby. During this time I started watching catch up emmerdale and Coronation street to keep me awake and had no problems with ITV player.

However, STV player is a load of rubbish. If, on the rare occasion it does work. I have to watch a load of ads that can't be skipped. And when it doesn't work you can guarantee to get the bank of scotland ad before it gives the "Oops, it looks like there is an issue with the current programme. Please close and try again."

So annoying!!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stv player

STV is the “channel 3” Public Service franchise holder for Scotland. There is a “must carry” agreement in force from OFCOM, so VM have no choice but to carry what is offered from them.

The ITV Player was, & everywhere except Scotland still is, driven from VMs own headend CATV play out system. The STV Player is an internet app that connects directly to STV, & they are responsible for its operation.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stv player

Why not record the shows that get you through the overnight feeds? Hopefully you'll only need 1 episode per night, with the frequency your chosen shows are broadcast you'll have a nice backlog in no time.