Menu
Debs7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stuck on Starting up!

My tv/box keeps freezing when I’m trying to watch live tv or something I’ve recorded, it’s also started switching off completely and all I get is the starting up screen, this time it’s been like this for over an hour, trying to speak to someone at virgin is a joke, thinking it might be time to give BT a go, does anyone else have these issues?? Thank god for fire stick & Netflix

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stuck on Starting up!

Sounds like your box is faulty to me.

I'd call Virgin faults to report it,.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Debs7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bad customer help

My TV has been stuck in starting up mode for over 3 hours now & After finally getting through after waiting for over an hour on the phone, They sent a signal across.... no change, I was then told to leave tv switched on and wait 48 hours to see if it works!!! If this doesn’t work, then call back and they will put me through to a senior engineer!!! 🤬🤬🤬 BT is right now looking like my preferred option!!! 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad customer help

Tell them to book a technician now and if the magic signal somehow fixes it you can then cancel the appointment 

Debs7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They’ve promised me an engineer visit..... 2 days ago... still waiting 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can check the status of your booked appointment, and reschedule if necessary, by logging into your "my Virgin Media" online account and choosing "my appointments" from the top menu bar.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks