Menu
lrwi
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sporty Stuff TV Sky Channel 473

When or will this Channel be available on my Virgin Media Sports package?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sporty Stuff TV Sky Channel 473

The channel provider will need to come to a commercial agreement with Virgin Media, in order for them to launch on the VM platform.

The commercials vary hugely between Sky, VM & Freeview

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sporty Stuff TV is a "free-to-air" channel on Satellite, so is available on Freesat & Sky. Channels have to pay for each TV outlet they join. They are not on Freeview (the most expensive) & probably won't be on Virgin due the far lower UK coverage (less than 50% compared to 98% for Satellite).

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
lrwi
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So I now have the full Virgin Cable TV package with sport and all, Netfix, an Amazon firestick, BT Broadband and phone but I will now need a Satellite dish and Freesat box to receive one Chanel. I'm spending in total around £225 a month for all this and will need to pay around another £400-500 for a dish and box. Good game this

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s about what the channel can pay for, not what you can pay for. It’s a commercial market & channels with bigger budgets can join more platforms. It’s as simple as that. I have Virgin, Freesat & Freeview. The channel offering on all of them varies. I have Freesat for Spotlight TV which launched in 2016. Its never been on Virgin; went on Freeview for a while but had to drop it due to rising costs.

And with regards to Sports channels, Freesports has dropped Freesat but is still on Virgin.

To give you some idea, a slot on Freeview with 80% coverage of the UK is around £4 million per quarter (£16 million a year).

Satellite dishes normally cost around £100 to install. A cheap Freesat box can cost as little as £40. You could always stream the channel online, which is free via their website.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't matter which platform you have - Sky, Freesat, VirginMedia, BT or Freeview.  There will always be some channels you don't have which other platforms do.

@lrwi wrote:

So I now have the full Virgin Cable TV package with sport and all, Netfix, an Amazon firestick, BT Broadband and phone but I will now need a Satellite dish and Freesat box to receive one Chanel. I'm spending in total around £225 a month for all this and will need to pay around another £400-500 for a dish and box. Good game this

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos