Menu
Mozzer41
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound stuttering on live TV

Experiencing intermittent sound stuttering on live TV. Similar to another post on V6 channel. 

My stutter happens approximately 20 mins apart, which doesn't sound too often, but to have it 3-4 times in a 1 hour episodic TV show becomes very noticeable. I originally thought it was only on one channel, but I've now experienced it on BBC1, BBC2, Ch 4, Sci-Fi and possibly others. 

Picture unaffected. 

Have restarted my box, and no change. 

0 Kudos
Mozzer41
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound seems to have stutter

I have this too, though I'm on Tivo. My stutter happens approximately 20 mins apart, which doesn't sound too often, but to have it 3-4 times in a 1 hour episodic TV show becomes very noticeable. I originally thought it was only on one channel, but I've now experienced it on BBC1, BBC2, Ch 4, Sci-Fi and possibly others. 

Have restarted my box, and no change. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound stuttering on live TV

If this has only started today and you've not changed your audio settings (PCM/Stereo), the obvious first thing is to clarify any specific individual channels. Including SD/HD.

All the examples quoted thus far are available in SD & HD, which leaves at least one variable needing to eliminate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mozzer41
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @japitts 

BBC and C4 have been on HD. Sci-Fi on SD. 

It's been going on for a few weeks, but I've not posted until I saw the post from the OP and it occurred to me it might be a wider issue. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not seeing enough posts on these boards to suggest there's a common issue at the moment.

Things to check that I'm not sure are clear thus far and at the very least are worth clarifying...

Does the picture continue when the sound has issues? Is your audio fed directly to your TV, or via any A/V kit? Does this only occur on live TV, how about recordings and/or OnDemand/streaming?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound seems to have stutter

Hi Mozzer41, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with sound on BBC1, BBC2, Ch 4, Sci-Fi and possibly others. I'd be inclined to ask the same questions japitt asked above - I tried to look into it using you forum details but wasn't able to do so on this occasion.

If you get back to me via PM we'll be able to investigate further.

Tom

0 Kudos