Menu
Stuwilson1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound and tv guide fault

• Hi,

I'm having an issue with my virgin tivo box. My tv guide is not showing any programmes and the sound does not work. Any ideas on an easy fix??

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound and tv guide fault

A TV Guide full of "To be announced" is often indicative of your box losing its internet connection and therefore not having an ability to download updates. Which box do you have - is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

As for the sound - can you elaborate? Are you saying you have no sound on your TV channels? Is it any particular channels? Or OnDemand?

As daft as it sounds, but you've not said so I'll ask.... you sure you've not got the mute on 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stuwilson1982
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Its a tivo box that I have.

Yeah ive got the volume on 🤣🤣.

It works sometimes, sometimes it will work if I flick through a few channels and then sometimes it won't work at all. After a few times of unplugging it and turning it back it on it fixes the issues for a few hours but then after it goes in to standby mode it all starts again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Stuwilson1982 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Its a tivo box that I have.

Lovely, lets go for (what is hopefully) the easier diagnosis. Many problems on the TiVo are caused by the onboard internet dropping, and taking everything that uses the internet, with it.

On the front-left of the box there's a series of green lights. Second from left is your "online" light which indicates the internal connection. On is good, flashing is bad. You can also check the status via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right.

If the onboard cablemodem is failing, that's a faulty box immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos