Menu
Dan75
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo box

Hi, my TiVo box is sooo slow. I’ve tried restarting it and changing the remote control batteries, but it’s just the same. I’ve put up with it for ages, but now I’ve bought a new secondary TV which just connects through an aerial (not virgin) and it’s so much quicker. Even opening apps like Netflix and BBC iplayer are much more responsive. It’s made me realise how dreadful the TiVo box dreadful to use. Wonder if I should just cancel and go to freeview. 

I’ve been trying for 4 days to contact virgin through the messaging service but getting no replies apart from the standard “how can we help you?” message repeatedly. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo box

Hi Dan,

the new V6 boxes are a lot faster, in fact better in every way.

Since you have an old Tivo you are probably well out of contract.

It would be worth your while speaking to retentions and seeing what deals they can offer you, including a new box.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellations  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Dan75
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo box

@newapollo wrote:

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellations  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

thanks for the info Dave, I’ve been struggling to find contact numbers, so I will try that. 

0 Kudos