cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports red button

Oliviaajackson
Joining in

Hi, 

I’ve recently noticed I’m not able to access the ‘sky sports red button’ when watching the football on sky sports. Does anyone know how to rectify this? As I’ve paid for sky sports so should get the access to it! 

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have one of the original TiVO 500s

Older TiVOOlder TiVO

then there is no fix for the issue. Sky (who own the app) updated it a while ago & managed to break it in the process. Most of the TiVO V6 boxes & the new Horizon V360 platform boxes have now got it working again. The older boxes are now actively being replaced by V6 due to the amount of firmware issues occurring like the one with the Red Button app.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Oliviaajackson

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the red button for Sky Sports.

What happens please?

Do you get any error message?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Nothing happens the red button just doesn’t appear and when we press it nothing happens. 

thank you

Olivia

Thanks for coming back to us @Oliviaajackson 

Can you advise what channel/programmes you are looking to access the red button?

Normally if there is no red button showing on the screen, this would mean there is no red button interactions for that programme. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi 

It’s Sky Sports

Hi Olivia 👋 thank you for getting back to us! 

I'm just going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can investigate further and raise this internally if needed! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page 📩 in your Inbox. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 🌞 All the best!

Molly