Menu
philaggus
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema On demand error code 603

Hi,

I'm getting an error code of 603 when trying to watch sky cinema on demand. I've changed the video output down to 1080p but this still hasn't worked. It was working fine on my old lcd TV but doesnt want to work on the new 4k TV. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema On demand error code 603

Hi philaggus,

Did you follow the online  help guide for error-codes/603 ?

It sounds like either your HDMI cable is on the wrong HDMI port, or it isn't HDMI2.2 compatable.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
jptykes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So if I'm reading this correctly, equipment/wires that were working fine now need to be replaced because VM have pushed a software update?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jptykes wrote:

So if I'm reading this correctly, equipment/wires that were working fine now need to be replaced because VM have pushed a software update?

No, that's not correct.

VM pushed out a code update to V6 boxes back in September-ish (I forget the exact date, but it's immaterial) that enforces industry-standard HDCP2.2 compliance on all connected kit when watching certain OnDemand apps & content in 2160p.

Some older 4K UHD TV's don't support HDCP2.2 on all HDMI ports, and also some HDMI splitters and lower-spec cables can cause issues. If all connected kit is compliant, there is no issue.

This article explains HDCP2.2 more and is well worth a read.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
happyrobot
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 603

@japitts wrote:

If the issue is still Error 603 with your OnDemand, there's no easy way of saying this is unlikely to be a fault and could well be a new feature.

If you're watching on a 4K UHD TV, then VOD on the V6 now requires all your A/V equipment to be (industry standard) HDCP 2.2 compliant, and if it's not then Error 603/604 or blank-screens after the lead-in adverts is the intentional behaviour.

Some older 4K TV's don't support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI ports and you need to be sure of using the correct port. What's the make & model of your TV?

I have just had this error too. Lo and behold, the experts are claiming it is user error. It is NOT user error. Cable connections are not the issue here. 

I have the same issue and have all sockets as HDCP 2.2

Also if Virgin has made it so that you cannot watch on demand unless you have a 4k TV of a certain type or a certain cable of a certain type, that is completely unacceptable. 

Honestly, what is with these replies?!?!?!! 

happyrobot
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is complete rubbish. 

Getting the same error on ITV Hub and that does not have 4k.

Do you guys just guess and post replies? Always the same people.

@japitts wrote:

@jptykes wrote:

No, that's not correct.

VM pushed out a code update to V6 boxes back in September-ish (I forget the exact date, but it's immaterial) that enforces industry-standard HDCP2.2 compliance on all connected kit when watching certain OnDemand apps & content in 2160p.

Some older 4K UHD TV's don't support HDCP2.2 on all HDMI ports, and also some HDMI splitters and lower-spec cables can cause issues. If all connected kit is compliant, there is no issue.

This article explains HDCP2.2 more and is well worth a read.

0 Kudos
Loula1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 603

Thanks for your comment. I Agree!!

I’ve given notice on virgin and leaving. I’ve had enough now. One person managed to fix it, then 3 days later it went again.  

I got a wonderful customer service agent who tried to help, however couldn’t and assured me I would have a call from manager within 24 hours due to being told I would be compensated for lack of service for nearly 9 months ......no surprise that I’m still waiting. 

New provider starts in a couple of weeks and can’t wait. Such a shame as been with virgin for probably 8 years. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@happyrobot wrote:

Getting the same error on ITV Hub and that does not have 4k.

Do you mean the (ITV-branded) Virgin OnDemand programmes, such as ITV CatchUp?

Or programmes watched through the ITV-Hub app? That app is provided by ITV, and is different to an "OnDemand" programme accessed via, say, "Watch from CatchUp"

If you wanted to post details of your setup, including specific model numbers, then others who've come across similar kit may be able to help further.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos