Menu
MissLaurenUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema 5 star Movies no longer available

Hi, I’ve just noticed that Sky Cinema 5 star movies is no longer available. When looking for any upcoming movies it simply says “channel no longer available.” Can anyone explain why this has happened and if the channel will be renamed or taken over by something else? 

Thanks, Lauren.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky cinema 5 star Movies no longer available

Sky have closed the channel.

It was a temporary replacement for Sky Cinema Disney as Disney are moving all of their content to Disney+
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This was Sky Cinema Disney, which has now been removed as Disney now provides all their material exclusively via the Disney+ app.

Hence Sky have closed the channel & all rights to view any programmes recorded from it.

It looks as if Sky Cinema Premiere +1 will be its replacement.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lauren,

The Sky Cinema 5 Star movies was a temporary channel provided by Sky following the closure of Sky Disney Cinema on January 30th.

Sky Disney Cinema was removed by Sky/Virgin following the withdrawal of the channel by Disney as they removed carriage in various countries and moved all of the programs onto their Disney+ app.

Virgin along with Sky will be relaunching the Sky Premier +1 channel again in the Sky Cinema packages.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MissLaurenUK
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok. I hope it will be replaced with something else. Thanks for answering my question and being helpful.
0 Kudos
MissLaurenUK
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At least it will be replaced by something (I hope!) I only just got Sky Cinema a couple of weeks ago so I’m still unfamiliar with their channels so far. Thanks for your swift reply and answering my question.
0 Kudos
MissLaurenUK
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for being so helpful. I’m new to Sky Cinema so not that familiar with all the channels yet. I hope they do relaunch Sky Premier +1 sooner rather than later as the channel is pretty pointless at the moment.
0 Kudos
MissLaurenUK
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You mentioned Sky Premiere +1 might be replacing this channel. Do you have any idea when that might be? As it still says channel is unavailable.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At the moment, answers on a postcard to the usual address...

If I had to place bets, VM might wait for the backwards (i.e. 7days previous) TV Guide to stop listing channel 405 before they can play too much.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks