Menu
firstdamned1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema On Demand HD Error

Hey,

I have been experiencing on odd occasions that when attempting to access Sky Cinema On Demand HD content, I repeatedly get an error message “This show is temporarily unavailable”, followed by a small brief and the code “606”.

I have tried the standard resetting, restarting etc. solutions with no luck.

Also, there are no issues currently, and previously when tried, with the service in the area.

I am fully subscribed to all Sky Content, including HD through a Virgin Package. 

Any help is welcome please! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema On Demand HD Error

I've not seen that error code before, but by means of general advice..

Sky Cinema uses the IP-VOD system, which in laymans terms is delivered over your box's internet connection but made to appear like a normal program rather than "looking" like an app.

Do you have a V6 box (which uses your homehub to connect) or a TiVo (with 10Mb/s inbuilt)? You probably need to narrow down whether the issue is related to the internet speed at the time of playing (so do other internet-based apps like, say, iPlayer or Netflix work ok?) or whether it's specific to certain Sky Cinema titles (so do other films play ok?)

0 Kudos
firstdamned1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So I use a TiVo box, which is also plugged in via Ethernet to my hub. All other services that use a network are fine. And all SD content is fine, just odd HD content that won’t load. 

I also can’t seem to find the Error Code 606 anywhere neither. 

If it helps, I’ve been trying to stream Avengers : Endgame in HD through the On Demand menu’s in the Sky Cinema section

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well if it helps, I've just tried to load The Avengers Endgame, and it's played first time no problems - left it for 5 minutes and no issues.

0 Kudos