Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Signal pixelation

Having some real problems with random channels pixelating and then going off all together asking me to reboot my box. I’ve done this and it doesn’t solve the problem. In fact sometimes it doesn’t reboot properly so I have to repeat a few times until it brings the channels back. 
Last time I was asked to do this, the channels never booted up at all. 

What can I do to sort this?

Usual checks done, cable in etc. 

Also my internet is terrible. Wi-Fi shows as great. Linked devices, lots of different ones, are slow or won’t load Content at all. These devices are close to my router. I get the yellow triangle saying there’s a problem. Reboot the router and it sorts it for a short time. Says someone else is logged in, get them to sign out and try again.

Whats going on!?

Jonny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal pixelation

@Jonnyjonny14 wrote:

Having some real problems with random channels pixelating and then going off all together asking me to reboot my box. I’ve done this and it doesn’t solve the problem. In fact sometimes it doesn’t reboot properly so I have to repeat a few times until it brings the channels back. 
Last time I was asked to do this, the channels never booted up at all. 

Pixellation is usually a consequence of a problem with your TV signal. You can try checking for known area faults on 0800 560061, but in your case with your box rebooting and locking up, it sounds like it could just be faulty.

I'd recommend a call to VM TV Faults on 150 to report these issues, you may just need a replacement.

Try posting about your broadband issues in the broadband section here - others far more qualified can help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are terrible at customer service. 
still having these problems. Zero contact on here. 
called the customer service number, they run tests, can’t find a problem and the automated service hangs up. 
call back again, says they know I’ve called about a problem and they’re putting me through to someone.... then they say the call centres aren’t taking calls and hang up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonnyjonny14, 

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in response. 

It is disappointing to hear of your experience and how it has made you feel. This is not what we would want to happen. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have had a visit from the team since your last post. How did the visit go please?

Has there been any improvements?

Let is know and we will be happy to help further. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer sorted it out thanks. I had unwatchable service for about a week. What can be done for that please?

jonny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear Jonnyjonny14.

For information regarding our loss of service compensation scheme, please click here

If you wish to discuss billing adjustments, we would ask that you give the team a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or drop us a text on 07533051809.

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos