Menu
radmenon
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Severe pixellation on BBC, ITV etc

We have 2 Virgin TiVo boxes. Over the past 2 weeks on certain channels (BBC, ITV1, Sky News), on only one of the boxes, there has been severe picture distortion/pixellation . It is impossible to contact anyone on Virgin ( we have tried resetting the boxes and followed all the online instructions to no avail)

Need help resolving this urgently

Best regards

Menon

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Severe pixellation on BBC, ITV etc

Assuming you've rebooted your box once as a precaution, pixellation & picture breakup means you probably have a fault with your incoming TV signal.

The quickest way to report this is to call TV Faults (150 or 0345 4541111) or alternatively forum staff should pick up this post in a few days.

In the meantime, are there any specific channels that are affected, this may also help to diagnose the issue. You've mentioned BBC & ITV, but which ones? And are you in HD or SD?

Edit: You say only one of your boxes is affected. Can you swap them around to see if the fault follows the box or stays with the internal cabling?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos