Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service status never shows issues?

Hi all,

Sorry if there's a better forum to post this one in (mods feel free to move it if possible).

Often when there's a fault in my area I have looked at the status page etc. and there's no mention of it. There has been a problem with the broadband and TV service in my area since midnight on Friday and this is confirmed when I call about it. I get referred to call 0800 561 0061 or visit www.virginmedia.com/servicestatus and there's no mention of the issue, only some trivial problem with some on demand show? I've been told the issue may take until 3rd or 8th February to resolve. The internet connection is intermittent and every TV channel I watch the picture keeps freezing and breaking up and then maybe going black and jumping a few seconds so it really ruins anything I try to watch and makes a lot of things unwatchable.

Why is there no mention of the issue on the status number or status page at all?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service status never shows issues?

Hi martyp,

Thanks for posting here. 

I'm sorry that you're not able to see the issue in your area on the service page when you're checking.

We're not able to show all faults on the service status page as it may not be affecting everyone in your post code.

I've had a look and the fault reference for your area is F007742949. Although you can't get updates yourself, if you do speak to any member of our team they will be able to give you any updates you need.

Thanks

Melissa 

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa, I was under the impression that the status page and number supplied localised information related to your area?

I did ask the offshore people for an incident number and they would just keep reeling off the status phone number each time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply martyp

If you need an update on the F007742949 ticket 

Just pop back on here 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos