Menu
HankPaul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Service failing

Have been unable to watch any programme on Netflix or IPlayer all the way thru for past week . I have reported it , get customer service but they fail to transfer me to tech team for resolution. Have done all the usual : checked connections, restarted box etc but even during virgin media test it is displaying tech error in test! Can anyone help before I just give up and head to Sky or BT?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Service failing

What is happening when, presumably, the video stream stops? Are you getting any error messages?

And which box do you have - is the TiVo or the V6? If the V6, how is it connected to your homehub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HankPaul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box.

one error codes NW-3-16 but several times it states no connection even though all cables are correctly and securely located.

after running Virgin Media test on kit, it sometimes flags ‘technical fault’ or simply ‘We’re trying to sort it out !’

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

On the front-left of your box there's 3 green lights, the middle one has a heart symbol next to it and indicates the TiVo's internet connection.

When the stream stops and this error happens, is this light static or flashing? Static would show the box is still online and would tend to suggest a problem with the app itself. If the light is flashing, the box is losing its internet connection - which is a service fault worthy of reporting to VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

HankPaul
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just attempted 1st use of Netflix today and it promptly failed AGAIN! 
The middle ‘heart’ light is flashing.

still waiting for contact from VM tech service..........since 28th Sept. Can you suggest anything further?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So your TiVo is dropping its internet connection. That's a fault - either a duff box, or potentially something external.

Treat it accordingly, call VM and report it. If you can report it when the connection has dropped, all the better.

HankPaul
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have reported it several times over the past week via phone & online. I manage to get response from customer service who each time say they will transfer me to tech team. However, the tech team Never make contact. Speaking to a human voice would be good - do you have any tech team contacts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Without being party to your C/S calls it's hard to comment further, but I'd personally be pushing hard (like, insisting) for the agent to arrange an engineer visit if they can't resolve your fault on the phone (which they won't be able to, in this instance).

How long have you had your current package for? And do you have VM home broadband?

HankPaul
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help - more than what I’m getting from VM

0 Kudos
HankPaul
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We’ve had full package including Broadband and phone for several years. TiVo box has a 2012:03 manufacture date

0 Kudos